The River Thames @
There has been a pub on the site of the Bells of Ouzeley for more than 850 years, and records show that there was
copper ore for
smelting at the mill in
Herons and Kingfishers are often spotted on this stretch of the River.
The Lock first operated in Winter 1817-18, and was named after the first lock-keeper, Charles Bell.
It was rebuilt in 1867 and again in 1877 before the current build in 1961 which was
modernised and enlarged in 1973. The Runnymede-On-Thames Hotel was built in 1974
To replace the Anglers’ Rest, which stood on the site since 1856.
The Mayor of Runnymede arrives for the Rolls-Royce Enthusiasts’ Club – South of England Rally at Runnymede 2011