Bell Weir Lock – Runnymede

 

 

 

 

First operated in Winter 1817-18, The Lock was named after the first lock-keeper, Charles Bell.

It was rebuilt in 1867 and again in 1877 before the current build in 1961 which was

modernised and enlarged in 1973. The Runnymede-On-Thames Hotel was built in 1974

To replace the Anglers’ Rest, which stood on the site since 1856.

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

              

 

              

 

               

 

Photos by

Alan@PhotoEyes.biz